Unfortunately, when you need a tow, it presents the most inconvenient circumstances, so most motorists would likely prefer avoiding needing it. It can be especially stressful and unpleasant, especially when the unfamiliar happen. Because it was involved in an accident, or it is experiencing mechanical failure is generally when your car is being towed. When the driver arrives the expert knows what they are doing and their tow truck is well maintained of good quality while playing phonebook roulette is how people get their vehicle towed and all they can do is hope. We at Speedway Towing and Roadside Assistance would like to relate some tips on how you can better prepare for a tow to help you reduce the stress, and make the experience a lot less painful.
What Must You Remember when Having Your Vehicle Towed?
1) Make Plans for Towing. Prior to ever needing a towing and recovery services, take the time to research the towing companies that are certified, licensed, and insured to provide towing services in your area. Know general pricing, and read reviews as well as specifically learn their availability, especially if they have 24-hour service and emergency services. Call the few best candidates and talk with them about other policies and see if they are right fit for you as you narrow down your choices. Put their contact information in your cell phone to reach them quickly and conveniently after you select the right towing company.
2) Safety Needs to be the Priority when Towing. Keeping you and your passengers safe is the top priority, no matter if the reason for a tow the situation is stemming from of an accident or a breakdown. The vehicle should be moved as far from the road as possible if you can. Promptly exit the automobile and have you and the passengers move safely as far from the vehicle and traffic as possible to prevent further complications with oncoming traffic.
3) Contact Towing Services. You can have quick access to their dispatcher if you keep the preferred towing company in your list of contact. In addition to other important information requested, always stay calm and collected and relate the details of your location and the facts of the circumstances. To allow the expert to come to your location as prepared for your circumstances and accommodate our specific needs, be sure to share accurate information.
4) Price and Payment Options Should be Confirmed. You likely learned what service charges and the payment methods are when you did your planning as mentioned. Confirm the service charge and payment options to eliminate any surprises, after you have requested assistance, however. You do not want to be cut off guard as prices and procedures change.
5) Prepare Towing Arrangements. More often than not, the tow truck driver will simply take your vehicle and you to their lot for further dispatch to repair facilities after you have had a chance to determine the step. If you already have mechanic or other options in mind, the towing service could be cheaper for you to take it straight to the repair location.