If you are like most people, car trouble is not one of your favorite things to deal with. It always seems to happen when you are in a hurry to get somewhere and don’t have time to mess with car problems. When you find yourself in need of towing assistance, it is frustrating. Many people want to know what it is going to cost to get their car towed to the shop to fix whatever is wrong with it. That can be a difficult question to answer because there are no two situations alike. Speedway Towing & Roadside Assistance is here to talk about some of the factors that come into play when you’re talking about the cost of towing services.
How is Towing Price Calculated?
There are several things that the towing company is going to need to know when you ask what the cost of their towing services is. Here are some of the things they will need to know.
– Vehicle Dimensions: Not every vehicle is the same size and weight. These two things have a big impact on how much it is going to cost to have your vehicle towed. Once you can give the make and model of the vehicle, the towing company should be able to give you a ballpark quote depending on their light duty and medium/heavy duty pricing.
– Time of Services: The time of the service is going to play a role in pricing as well. Unfortunately, many people need towing assistance outside of normal business hours. If you are calling on a weekend, late at night, or on a holiday, you are going to pay more than normal. If there is severe weather involved, it can have an impact on the cost as well.
– Towing VS Roadside Assistance: Sometimes, you don’t need to have your vehicle towed to the mechanic. There are many roadside assistance services that towing companies offer as well. There is a price difference between the two services.
Why Do People Tow Vehicles?
There are several reasons that someone may be in need of towing services.
– Flat Tire: It is ideal to have a spare tire in your vehicle just in case there are problems with your tires. However, sometimes there isn’t a way to fix the tire and a tow is needed.
– Bad Starter or Alternator: If your vehicle won’t start because of a starter or alternator issue, you will need towed.
– Brake Issues: If your brakes fail, it will be unsafe to driver further and towing is the only option.
– Engine Failure: There are several things that could go wrong with your vehicle’s engine. This will require towing.