No one wants to think that their vehicle will fail them. But, just like other mechanical pieces of equipment, your car is at risk of breakdowns as well. It is far better to be prepared for the situation that to find yourself stuck, with nowhere to go. Speedway Towing is here to share some tips to help you be prepared in the case that your vehicle breaks down.
Mechanical Breakdown Insurance
Many insurances will cover any roadside assistance that you may need. You need to make sure that your plan is up to date and you have paid to have this coverage. It can give drivers peace of mind when they know that in the case that something happens, they are covered and help will be on the way in no time.
What are Good Things to Keep in Your Car in an Emergency
There are many items that you will want to have in your car in the case that you experience a car breakdown. Here are some of those essential items.
– Road Map: This might seem like ancient advice, but you are going to want to know where you are if you breakdown. There are some areas that don’t have great cell coverage, which makes having a map of the areas you are traveling to a good idea.
– Warning Triangle: Alerting other drivers that you are on the side of the road could potentially save your life. You should always make sure you are as far off the road as possible to avoid getting injured by other traffic. These warning triangles make it easy for other drivers to see you.
– Spare Tire: A flat or damaged tire is one of the leading reasons for a breakdown. Make sure you don’t just have a spare tire, but that the spare tire is in good condition and can be used in case you need it.
– Blankets: This is necessary when you are traveling no matter what time of year it is. Even in the summer it can get cold during the night. You will be glad that you are comfortable if the weather is less than desirable and you on stranded.
– Food: You should always travel with some food in case you need it. Have high energy snacks like nuts, granola bars and other high protein choices.
– Water: It’s always a good idea to have water with you not matter what. You can survive much longer without food than you can without water. Make it a priority to have it with you all the time.
Towing & Roadside Assistance in Irving, Fort Worth, Arlington, Carrollton & Plano Texas
In the case that you find yourself in need of roadside assistance, you should have the right contact info in your phone. Make sure to have the number for Speedway Towing programmed in your phone just in case you need help. We offer quick response times to get you back on the road in no time. Call us today!