As the summer gets closer and closer, traditionally, the gas prices get higher and higher. Though it can be hard pill to swallow, there are some tactics you can put in place to improve the gas mileage you get. Though if you find you pushed the tank too far and need fuel delivery services, you can trust in Speedway Towing and Roadside Assistance for help. To help you better your gas mileage, we at Speedway Towing & Roadside Assistance would like to offer some tips.
What Tips & Tricks Give the Best Gas Mileage?
1) Stay Out of Traffic. A common way to waste gas is idling in traffic. To avoid traffic, research the ideal routes to take that minimize traffic to work and other destinations. Avoid running errands, such as grocery shopping, during peak traffic hours and consider downloading a traffic app the provides you with the efficient routes.
2) Reduce Cargo Weight. The more gas the vehicle consumes, the more it weighs. Remove unnecessary items to reduce the weight. Don’t use your vehicle for storage, only keep tools and parts needed for an emergency kit. Keep in mind any excess weight you may be carrying in the trunk or on roof racks.
3) Consolidate Trips. Make fewer trips to save fuel by whenever possible, combining errands in on trip instead of separate trips; carpooling, and ride in one vehicle as often as possible with families that own multiple vehicles.
4) Avoid Excessive Braking and Accelerating Too Fast. Your gas mileage can be impacted by your driving habits. Harsh driving especially effects the fuel efficiency, such as braking often, or quick acceleration all uses more gas when compared to smoother driving techniques.
5) Maintain Automobile. To manage and even improve the fuel economy, taking care of your vehicle plays a big role. Make sure to apply the following maintenance to preserve high fuel efficiency.
• Routinely change your oil. For the frequency and type of motor oil, consult your owner’s manual or the manufacturer’s website. Inspect the fuel filter and air filter and replace them as needed as well.
• Inspect your tires. The correct pressure, proper alignment, and optimal condition of the tires all should be confirmed every time you go for a drive.
• Check your engine’s health. Make sure any Check Engine Light issues are fixed soon. Make sure brake, transmission, and coolant among other fluids are topped off.
• Schedule regular inspections & tune-ups. Regularly inspect the exhaust and overall car, any worn parts should be replaced. Tune-ups include replacing spark plugs and checking parts like the oxygen sensor, PCP valve, and spark plug wires. Any concerns should be discussed with your mechanic regarding the remedy.
Towing & Roadside Assistance in Irving, Fort Worth, Arlington, Carrollton & Plano Texas
These practices will prolong the life of your vehicle and give you better performance in addition to helping you enjoy better fuel economy. It is quite easy for a good garage to diagnose any issues that could be affecting your mileage with modern technology. Though you do all you can to keep your vehicle more fuel efficient, there are circumstances that can cause you to be incapacitated due to insufficient fuel levels. When this happens in the Greater Irving, Texas area, you have Speedway Towing & Roadside Assistance to offer fuel delivery services. Call us whenever you need towing or emergency roadside assistance!