Though we would definitely prefer to avoid life’s inconvenient events, they still occur. Especially when the unfamiliar happens, they can be especially stressful and unpleasant. Having your vehicle towed is among them. Generally, when your car is being towed it is because it was involved in an accident or it is experiencing mechanical failure. In a manner of speaking, playing phonebook roulette is how people get their vehicle towed and all they can do is hope that when the driver arrives he knows what he is doing and their tow truck is well maintained of good quality.
How to Get Car Towed to a Mechanic, Home or Other Place
To reduce the stress, and make the experience a lot less painful, we at Speedway Towing and Roadside Assistance would like to relate some tips on how you can better prepare for a tow in Irving, Texas.
1) Plan Ahead. Take the time to research the towing companies that are certified, licensed, and insured to provide towing services, prior to ever needing a towing and recovery services. Specifically learn their availability, especially if they have 24 hour service, know general pricing, and read reviews. Know the towing and roadside options. As you narrow down your choices, call the few best candidates and talk with them about other policies and see if they are right fit for you. Once you select the right towing company, put their contact information in your cell phone to reach them quickly and conveniently.
2) Prioritize Safety. No matter if the reason for a tow is the situation stemming from of an accident or a breakdown, keeping you and your passengers safe is the top priority. If you can, the vehicle should be moved as far from the road as possible. To prevent further complications with oncoming traffic, promptly exit the automobile and have you and the passengers move safely as far from the vehicle and traffic as possible.
3) Call Towing Professionals. Having the preferred towing company in your list of contact gives you quick access to their dispatcher. Always stay calm and collected and relate the details of your location and the facts of the circumstances as well as the other important information requested. Be sure to share accurate information so that they can come to your location as prepared for your circumstances and accommodate our specific needs.
4) Confirm Price and Payment Options. As mentioned, when you did your planning, you likely learned what service charges and the payment methods are. However, after you have requested assistance, confirm the service charge and payment options to eliminate any surprises. Prices and procedures change and you do not want to be cut off guard.
5) Make Towing Arrangements. After you have had a chance to determine the step, more often than not, the tow truck driver will simply take your vehicle and you to their lot for further dispatch to repair facilities. The towing service could be cheaper for you to take it straight to the repair location if you already have a mechanic or other options in mind.