Exotic vehicles, also known as luxury or high-performance vehicles, are often the pride and joy of their owners. These vehicles are not only expensive to purchase but also require specialized maintenance and repair services. Due to their unique design and technology, exotic vehicles should only be handled by trained professionals. One aspect of professional handling of these vehicles includes knowing when and under what circumstances they should be towed. Today, we at Speedway Towing & Roadside Assistance would like to share some common circumstances when exotic vehicles should be towed.
When Does an Exotic or Classic Car Need to be Towed?
1) Mechanical breakdown or engine failure. Even the most advanced vehicles can experience mechanical breakdowns or engine failures. In such cases, it is best to tow the vehicle to a qualified mechanic or dealership for repairs. Attempting to drive an exotic vehicle with mechanical problems can cause further damage and may be unsafe.
2) Car collision or accident. If an exotic vehicle has been involved in an accident or collision, it should not be driven. The damage may not be immediately apparent, and attempting to drive the vehicle can cause further damage to the engine or other components. The vehicle should be towed to a reputable auto body shop for repairs.
3) Flat tire or wheel damage. If an exotic vehicle experiences a flat tire or wheel damage, it should not be driven. Exotic vehicles often have specialized wheels that are expensive to replace. Driving on a flat tire or damaged wheel can cause further damage to the vehicle, and towing the vehicle is the best course of action.
4) Overheating vehicle. Exotic vehicles are designed to run at high temperatures, but if the engine overheats, the vehicle should be towed. Driving an overheating vehicle can cause significant damage to the engine and other components and can be a safety hazard.
5) Electrical concerns. Exotic vehicles have complex electrical systems, and if these systems fail, the vehicle should not be driven. Attempting to drive a vehicle with electrical problems can cause further damage to the vehicle, and it is best to have the vehicle towed to a qualified mechanic for repairs.
6) Fuel system problems. If an exotic vehicle experiences fuel system problems, such as a leak or fuel pump failure, it should not be driven. Fuel system problems can cause the vehicle to stall or catch fire, and it is best to have the vehicle towed to a mechanic for repairs.
7) Suspension issues. Exotic vehicles often have specialized suspension systems that are designed for high-performance driving. If the suspension fails, the vehicle should not be driven. Driving a vehicle with suspension problems can cause further damage to the vehicle and can be a safety hazard.
Towing & Roadside Assistance in Irving, Fort Worth, Arlington, Carrollton & Plano Texas
In all of the above circumstances, it is important to have the vehicle towed by a reputable towing company that specializes in exotic vehicles. These companies have the equipment and expertise to safely and securely transport the vehicle to the appropriate repair facility.
Exotic vehicles require specialized handling, and it is important to know when and under what circumstances they should be towed. By following these guidelines, owners can ensure that their prized possessions are safely transported to qualified mechanics for repairs, minimizing the risk of further damage or safety hazards. When you need an exotic tow service in Irving, TX and surrounding areas, contact Speedway Towing & Roadside Assistance and let us help you!