Winters in Irving, Texas are relatively mild compared to other parts of the country. Though the air is crisper, and temperatures are a bit chillier, the winter elements can still impact our vehicles. When people begin their commute, it is always nice to be prepared for a potential emergency or mechanical failure. Having Speedway Towing and Roadside Assistance’s contact information in your phone can certainly expedite the process of being rescued should the need for towing or roadside assistance be required. Fortunately, there are steps the drivers can take to help them avoid being stranded this winter. Today, we at Speedway Towing and Roadside Assistance would like to offer some tips and suggestions to better equip your travels this winter in Greater Dallas, Texas.
Tips to Prevent a Car Breakdown
During the chillier months, drivers commonly have tire trouble, battery issues, fluid problems, and other such dilemmas. In order to avoid these shortcomings, getting your vehicle maintained, with these aspects in mind, can better preserve the performance of your vehicle.
1) Change Your Oil & Filter: Every part, hinge, and cylinder that spins and move smoothly and properly are accomplished with the use of engine oil. Because it is a chemical fluid, it should be changed out often to ensure the oil is fresh and clean. The oil filter is included in this suggestion. Allowing the oil to deplete or become thick from the filth hinders the engine’s performance and can stop it from operating altogether. Should you find the engine’s oil was neglected, call Speedway Towing and Roadside Assistance for fluid delivery or a tow.
2) Test Car Battery: Keeping the connection clean and the battery charges is an important element to keeping your vehicle functional. Check the strength of the battery on a routine basis and ensure tight, clean connections. If the battery should fail, Speedway Towing and Roadside Assistance can give your car a jump start, or a tow if the battery is completely lost.
3) Inspect Your Tires: Tires should be assessed periodically every month a or so, but particularly in the fall and winter months. Make sure they are holding enough air pressure and the tread is in optimal condition. In the event the tires fail, Speedway Towing and Roadside Assistance can offer a tire change or a tow as applicable.
4) Inspect Your Car’s Lights: Winters are darker the sun goes down far sooner and without proper illumination, your visibility drops. Make sure your lights, including blinkers, hazards, and brake lights, are all working. Without the lights, you can be hit whether you are trying to drive to your destination or already pulled off the side of the road for another problem.
5) Change Dirty Air Filters: Dust and dirt clog the air filters over time, which hinders the efficiency of your vehicle’s engine, the air you breathe is contaminated, and that the heating system is hindered.
6) Have an Emergency Roadside Kit: Be sure you carry the essentials in your vehicle because you can never plan for these scenarios.
Towing & Roadside Assistance in Irving, Fort Worth, Arlington, Carrollton & Plano Texas
At Speedway Towing and Roadside Assistance, we are readily available to help you with roadside assistance or quality towing services in the Irving, Texas area if you find yourself in such a situation.